Premier League Headlines: Cole Palmer Poised for Chelsea Comeback; Idrissa Gueye's Failed Red Card Appeal Mystery

1. Star Player Palmer Fit for Important London Clash with The Gunners

The Blues head coach Enzo Maresca stated on Friday that Cole Palmer is set to return for the team's significant Premier League fixture against London rivals Arsenal.

The 23-year-old England international had been sidelined due to a fractured toe suffered after an accidental occurrence.

“He is available to start and to play,” Maresca said. “The whole team is delighted.”

In the current campaign, Palmer has been limited to four outings in all tournaments, finding the net on two occasions.

Following his transfer from City in 2023, he has notched 45 strikes and 29 setups in 101 appearances for Chelsea.

“He is our most valuable asset, we are pleased he is back, we need to provide him with time to be completely ready,” Maresca noted. “His past performances have been excellent and no doubt he is going to do exceptionally well for this club in the future.”

2. The Toffees Get No Reason for Rejected Gueye Dismissal Challenge

Everton have failed in their protest against Idrissa Gueye's dismissal for a fight with fellow player Michael Keane during the team's single-goal triumph at Manchester United.

The 36-year-old Senegal midfielder was sent off just early on into the game after slapping Keane amid a argument over a misplaced pass.

Gueye immediately apologized, and the teammates were seen reconciled afterwards in a mock online post.

However, the appeal against the red card was turned down, and Gueye must complete a three-game ban, leaving Everton shorthanded for their next fixture against Newcastle United.

“We lodged an appeal and it was unsuccessful,” coach the manager stated. “We received no rationale for the denial but we did appeal it.”

When asked about any further fallout from the incident, Moyes continued: “It ended right away, it was done, that was it, we progressed quite quickly and it was all sorted within the team environment.”

Third Story: Yoane Wissa Practices with Newcastle for First Time since Setback

Newcastle United's recent signing Yoane Wissa has trained with his squad for the initial occasion since sustaining a knee injury shortly after his arrival from Brentford in the autumn.

Head coach Eddie Howe confirmed the development on the end of the week but kept private a potential return date for the 29-year-old.

Newcastle brought in the forward for a significant fee to fill the void left by Alexander Isak, who moved to Liverpool for a record-breaking transfer fee.

Regrettably, Wissa was hurt while on national team duty before he could play his first game for his new club.

“His recovery is going smoothly, he trained with us for the first time on Wednesday, so I was very happy with how he looked,” Howe said. “It was his initial competitive session with the team. Let’s see how he responds today.”

The manager continued: “There is a planned comeback timeline, but it’s likely best if I do not share it publicly. We don’t want to disappoint anyone. Naturally, we want to include him as promptly.”

In other news, the defender will be out of action for a month with a hamstring injury.

4. The Reds' Poor Form ‘Doesn’t Matter’, Insists Hammers Boss Nuno

West Ham United manager Nuno Espírito Santo has stated that the reigning champions' current slump “is largely irrelevant” as his side gets ready to take on the ailing Premier League champions.

Arne Slot's side has suffered six losses in seven recent league games, dropping out of the top 10 of the table.

Nevertheless, Nuno highlighted that there can be no taking it easy when the sides clash on Sunday at the their home ground.

“Liverpool are a quality side and in football, what counts is what you do on the day,” Nuno remarked. “We are preparing to play the title winners, players that are talented and able of doing great things, so we have to prepare.

“The past of the results before, the form of the teams, is not that important. It is about the match day. Aware that we are going to face a high-quality team, that has players capable of doing wonderful things, so we have to prepare thoroughly, to perform.”

West Ham will have available Lucas Paquetá after his suspension, while Crysencio Summerville and Dinos Mavropanos are stepping up their recovery from injury.

Fifth Story: Morgan Gibbs-White Could Feature for Forest against Brighton

The club's manager Sean Dyche is optimistic that Morgan Gibbs-White will be ready for the team's at home fixture against Brighton & Hove Albion on the weekend.

The England international missed Thursday's European match against Malmö due to a back issue.

“We hope it is improving,” Dyche stated as he got ready to face the Brighton manager's team, who have secured seven points from their last three outings.

“It’s comparable to back pain, but a waking-up sort of injury, one where you just sleep funny or twist funny. So we’re not expecting, at this point anyway, that it’s very severe and it’s easing already. So we’re confident that it’ll be fine for the weekend.”

The defender was feeling his hamstring after the 3-0 European victory, but Dyche indicated the player “is expected to be okay”.

However, the full-back (thigh injury), the midfielder (thigh), Dilane Bakwa (hamstring), Chris Wood (knee), and Oleksandr Zinchenko (hip) are likely to be unavailable.

6. Glasner: Conference League Defeat Won't Set Back Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace head coach Oliver Glasner feels that the setback of midweek's Conference League loss to Strasbourg is a indication of how much progress the club has come in competing on multiple fronts.

The domestic cup winners took the lead at Stade de la Meinau through Tyrick Mitchell's first-half goal but were pegged back by Liam Rosenior's team, who moved up to runner-up in the table.

The Eagles now switch focus to domestic competition with a home match against the Red Devils, and Glasner is optimistic his side can maintain their push for a Champions League spot.

“Maybe like the late defeat at Everton, it just feels that it was completely unnecessary and it is our fault,” Glasner said. “Alternatively, we have to take it on the chin. The commitment was there but it is a game we ought not to have lost.”

Glasner stated that Borna Sosa would not be available for the weekend's game after he did not travel to Strasbourg, but Will Hughes, who was substituted during the opening period against the opponents, should be in the team selection.

Joel Benson
Joel Benson

A certified personal trainer and wellness coach with over a decade of experience in helping individuals achieve their fitness goals.